Kefir is pronounced (kef e-er). It is a refreshing cultured-milk beverage that is loaded with nutritional benefits. It is made by culturing fresh milk with kefir grains. Kefir grains are not to be mistaken for cereal grains; they are a soft, gelatinous white biological mass of proteins, lipids (fats), and a soluble-polysaccharide kefiran complex. They are famous for there vast mixture of specific friendly (LAB) Lactic-acid Bacteria and yeasts.
This is the most potent source of probiotics (friendly bacteria) you can find. In most probiotic pills found in stores you will find about 15 different strains of friendly bacteria, for example
(Lactobacillus bugaricus and Streptoccocus thermophilus) are just 2 of the more well known strains.
But once again Mother Nature has out done the laboratories, a natural kefir grain contains 42 different strains of friendly bacteria. There is no comparison here. Kefir grains are far superior to the probiotics you will find in a bottle.
While both Kefir and yogurt are cultured milk products, they contain different types of beneficial bacteria. Yogurt contains transient beneficial bacteria that keep your digestive system clean and provide food for the friendly bacteria that already are present. Kefir actually helps to colonize your intestinal tract -- a feat that yogurt cannot match.
KEFIR VS YOGURT
-Additionally, Kefir contains several major strains of friendly bacteria not commonly found in yogurt: Lactobacillus Caucasus, Leuconostoc, Acetobacter species, and Streptococcus species. It also contains beneficial yeasts, such as Saccharomyces Kefir and Torula Kefir, which help balance the intestinal flora, including promotion of beneficial yeast in the body by penetrating the mucosal lining.
They form a virtual SWAT team that housecleans and helps strengthen the intestines.
Kefir's active yeast and bacteria may provide more nutritive value than yogurt by helping digest the foods that you eat and by keeping the colon environment clean and healthy. The curd size of Kefir is smaller than yogurt, so it's also easier to digest, making it an ideal food for babies, the elderly, and anyone with digestive health concerns.
-If you’re looking for a good probiotic supplement go for the best, Kefir. Many manufacturers of probiotics claim that their pills contain 15 billion bacteria at the time of processing. And that it would take tubs of yogurt or gallons of kefir to receive the same amount of friendly bacteria.
First of all, lets not forget that these companies acquire their products directly from these whole food fermented-milk products. As I mentioned before, they pull nutrients out of whole foods and turn around and sell them right back to you.
Numbers don’t lie
* One capsule of man-made probiotics normally contains about 15 billion bacteria.
* One small bowl of fresh yogurt (500 ml), contains about 1.5 trillion beneficial organisms. – 100 times more than a 15 billion capsule.
* And one small bowl of fresh kefir (500 ml), contains as many as
5 trillion beneficial organisms. Almost 400 times more than a capsule.
Kefir and other fermented milk products contain buffering agents that nourish and protect the lactobacillus from bile acids in the stomach. This way they can make it into the intestines where they produce Vit. B-12 and help to breakdown and package food for excretion. Milk products are such strong buffering agents that even poison control centers recommend drinking milk when confronted with a poison situation.
Bacteria in pill form are in a dormant cycle and the bacteria in kefir and yogurt are alive and well, making them much more fit to adapt to sudden changes in environment as they enter the body.
These fermented milk products are considered functional foods because they function as health promoting foods. Probiotic pill supplements only offer one thing, bacteria. Fermented Milk offers much more; minerals, vitamins, amino acids, L-carnitine, good fats, antimicrobial agents and more.
Scientist tested the kefir in the Caucasus Mountains for any type of harmful bacteria. But much to their surprise, they found nothing. Deep in the mountains where sanitary conditions are much worse than ours, the scientist refused to believe there was no harmful bacteria to be found. Creating a possible scenario that a piece of animal fecal matter would fall into the milk, they injected the E. Coli bacteria into the kefir. Within 24 hours the E. Coli was destroyed by Kefir’s benificial bacteria. Kefir has also demonstrated the ability to kill H. pylori infections when bacteria alone could not. In addition, the complex microflora of kefir has also shown a keen ability to stimulate our immune system, ward off infections from salmonella, and in some cases even fight cancer.
Fermented foods such as kefir, yogurt, and sauerkraut are once again superior to pills in a bottle.
NOW, WHY SHOULD YOU DRINK KEFIR!
-It's an enzyme-rich food filled with friendly micro-organisms that help balance your "inner ecosystem" to maintain optimal health and strengthen immunity.
Kefir's tart and refreshing flavor is similar to a drinking-style yogurt, and it contains beneficial yeast as well as the friendly 'probiotic' bacteria found in yogurt. When used regularly, the naturally occurring bacteria and yeast in Kefir combine symbiotically to help balance your intestinal flora and boost your immunity.
Among its many beneficial powers, Kefir:
* Provides supplemental nourishment for pregnant and nursing women.
* Contributes to your healthy immune system help fortify patients suffering from AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, herpes, and cancer.
* Promotes a relaxing effect on the nervous system and benefit many who seek a restful night's sleep, and who suffer from depression, and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).
* Helps support your normal intestinal tract function, promote bowel movements and your healthy digestive system -- and is an absolute must after the use of antibiotics to restore balance to the digestive tract.
* Curbs unhealthy food cravings by making your body more nourished and balanced.
THE EFFECTS OF KEFIR:
-From experience of generations, here are some of the properties possessed by the real kefir.
* Regulates the body's immune system and improves resistance to diseases.
* Regulates the blood pressure, blood sugar and cures diabetes.
* Heals the lungs, bronchitis, tuberculosis, asthma, allergies and migraine.
* Has a positive influence on the heart and blood, heals circulatory conditions.
* Heals various eczema, all skin disorders and leads to cure of acne.
* Heals the kidneys, the urinary tract and protects prostate.
* Has a positive influence on cholesterol, osteoporosis and rheumatism.
* Supports enzymes production and heals the pancreas.
* Improves the liver and gallbladder, regulates bile production, influences positively hepatitis.
* Regulates metabolism, digestion and heals diseases of the colon.
* Heals colitis, diarrhea, catarrh, reflux, leaky gut syndrome, candidasis and more.
* Rebalance the intestinal flora and stomach acid, heals duodenum and cures ulcers.
* Produces its own antibiotics, eliminates unfriendly bacteria, cures internal and external inflammations.
* Heals lactose intolerance and provides full digestibility of milk based products.
* Produces own anti-cancer compounds, prevents metastasis, and leads to cure.
* Slows the aging process, smoothes and improves skin, hair and muscle tonus.
* Reduces anxiety, depression, increases energy and feeling of wellbeing.
* Produces all necessary vitamins and beneficial bacteria needed for our healthy daily life.
Almost a century of scientific and medical research confirming the above is available from Dairy Research Institute in former USSR. With the worldwide cost of medical care getting inflated by chronic diseases, real kefir is gaining popularity not only for its health benefits, but also for its effects in lowering medical cost. With increasing resistance to antibiotics, intensive research of the real kefir is conducted in Europe and Japan. The results are supporting the experience of generations.
Make your own Kefir now!
Order your own kefir grains and start making your own kefir now through this very special course!